There exist a life path, which is never voiced but clearly paved. It is a life plan which bridges ethnic, cultural and geographic boundaries lending us all to undergo a similar journey.
However, when the time comes, bar the family we have been assigned and the friends we have managed to connect with, however many or few, we pass on. What mark have we imprinted on this Earth? Is that mark enough or are we seeking to leave a mark at all? What do you define as living a meaningful life?
2016 Project Guidelines:
Submit a one minute piece concerning your answer/interpretation of the question: “What is a meaningful life?”
Answers should be both personal and original, and the final compilation of answers will be posted on the BigQfilms Website.
· Topic for 2016?
“What is a meaningful life?”
· Final length of video presentation?
· DEADLINE for submissions?
1 December 2016
· Where should I submit my video?
Email through your video submissions to: bigQfilmsproject@gmail.com
· What about written pieces?
Due to popular demand, bigQfilms is also accepting written pieces (~1 minute reading time equivalent). If you would like to submit a written piece, please email your submission for “What is a meaningful life?” to bigQfilmsproject@gmail.com
Additional video submission information:
· Video requirements?
Submit something you believe reflects your best work and something, which you would be proud to present. The submission must be YOUR PERSONAL interpretation of the topic. You do NOT have to be a professional filmmaker, amateurs are welcome.
· Video submission format:
- Footage of an event/place/people etc.
- Music/Song/poem (Self-written) – filming of you/someone else performing it.
- Powerpoint with voice over of a poem or song etc. you have written.
- Journalistic interview format
- Documentary – political, social, humorous, serious, sad, personal opinion
- ANYTHING really,.. be creative and think of innovative ways to get your message across!! This is NOT an exhaustive list of options, it is merely a guide to those completely lost!
· What camera should I use?
Whatever camera you own – Even high quality phone cameras can be used. (Try use the highest resolution camera you personally have access to)